Commencing operations in 1919, Steamships has been investing in PNG’s growth, development and progress ever since, steadily evolving its business to meet current needs and anticipate the future. The group has been integral to, and part of, PNG’s development into a modern and formative leader within the Asia-Pacific region.
Committed to our people, the sustainability of our operations, and the future of Papua New Guinea, Steamships is pioneering sustainable progress in PNG for the next generation of stakeholders.
- Headquartered in Port Moresby, Steamships has three major operating categories: Logistics, Property & Hotels, and Commercial, and various joint venture operations
- Logistics: Consort Express Lines (coastal shipping & services) and East West Transport (land freight and logistics)
- Property & Hotels: Pacific Palms Property (developer and manager of residential, commercial, retail, industrial properties) and Coral Sea Hotels (seven hotels and apartment complexes in PNG's major commercial centres)
- Public company, listed on Port Moresby Stock Exchange and Australian Securities Exchange
- Majority shareholder is John Swire & Sons (PNG) Limited (72%)
- 2500 employees across PNG
- Major supporter of PNG community initiatives in education, health, environment and social welfare
- A PNG leader in sustainable business practices, measured against the world’s leading sustainability benchmark, the Global Reporting Initiative.